The Demonstration Assistant is responsible for demonstrating the proper usage of the test kit, guiding the patient through the testing process, collecting the test kit from the patient, and safely dropping the used test kit into a collection bin.
The demonstration process follows the following script:
- Thank you for coming. Open your window a couple of inches. Can you hear me?
- Take everything out of the bag (this way they aren’t fishing for things later while the swab is exposed)
- Take out the cotton swab and be careful not to touch the tip to anything
- Turn away from me and cough into your elbow three times
- For 20 seconds, swab the inside of your mouth. Get the back of the throat, back of the tongue, roof of the mouth, cheeks, and front of the mouth. Twirl the swab (make sure they swab for 20 seconds)
- Place the used swab into the vial, cotton side down. Make sure not to spill any liquid from the vial.
- Close the vial tight enough so no liquid spills out. Give it a little shake to ensure its tight.
- Place all materials back into the biohazard bag and place the closed back through the crack in your window
The Demonstration Assistant then takes the test kit bag from the patient using a long grabber device and places kit into the collection bin.
- Ability to communicate with patients clearly and calmly, both verbally and using hand signals
- Ability to stand at attention for consecutive hours and adhere to strict safety protocols
- Ability to remain calm in a high-stress environment
- Customer service experience is a plus
NOTE: This Registration Assistant requires FULL PPE (face shield, N95 mask, additional mask cover, gown, surgical gloves)