For members interested in developing creative ways to network with other Latino physicians and health professionals and in maintaining a healthy life-work balance and integration. The Wellness Program aims to maximize opportunities for Latino health professionals to get to know each other and expand their networks, relieve stress, and learn about ways to ensure their personal, family, financial, business, lifestyle and career wellness.
CHAIR: OSCAR ZAMBRANO, MPH
CO-CHAIRS: MARIA M. TORRES AND BENITO IBARRA
- Monthly dinners or activities with a wellness development topic, which may include financial wellness, exercise or health-issues, Lifestyle Medicine or other topics of interest to physician personal development and wellness.
- Creation of a strong network via membership development and maintenance.
- MOLA community creation as cooperation strategy to enhance growth and development through collaboration.
- Activities with emphasis on physician social networking including happy hour, celebrations, thank you events for volunteers, Cafecitos events and bi-annual receptions to ensure the membership gets to know each other and develops lasting and impactful relationships.
- Activities that engage families and provide a venue for enhancing family life and integration of career with family priorities and responsibilities for the Latino health professional.
- Activities that promote financial and professional knowledge that will improve the career advancement of Latino physicians at every stage of their career.
6 Wellness Events
12 Helpful Volunteers
286 Relaxed Attendees
“It is a great privilege to do what I do as a doctor and to serve my community, but we need to support each other as fellow Latinos in healthcare to increase our impact and numbers.”
Dr. Pilar Ortega, MOLA President and emergency physician
- Celebrated the 4th Anniversary of MOLA and 3st MOLA Scholarship Awards
- Members participated in two Cafecito Burnout Series Events with outstanding speakers from the University of Chicago and Latinx Talk Therapy.
- Said Welcome to the Chicagoland Latinx New Residents and enjoyed Navy Pier Fireworks from a Downtown Rooftop
- Said Thank you to all of MOLA’s Mentors and Healthcare professionals in The Gratitude Boating Event.
- Members Visited the largest Frida Kahlo exhibition in Chicago over the past 40 years “Frida Kahlo: Timeless” at Cleve Carney Museum of Art, the lobby of McAnich Arts Center, and Belushi Performance Hall
- Provided Emotional Wellness Education from American College of Lifestyle Medicine Course to MOLA members during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Enjoyed Cafecitos Event Financial Topics