Experience Required: Bachelors degree required in a health related discipline
This position is responsible for promoting awareness and understanding of the Medical Center’s transplant program and organ donation process to increase the number of patients and ensure the successful delivery of services. This includes visiting dialysis centers to interact with staff and patients, and collaborating with community health facilities, third party payers and transplant surgeons to educate, inform and promote the Medical Center’s transplant program and organ donation. Serve as a liaison to the Gift of Hope Organ and Tissue Donor Network.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and travel to dialysis centers, physician offices and other facilities to promote awareness and understanding of the UIC Medical Center’s transplant program and the organ donation process.
- Monitor progression of patients to ensure their records are complete in preparation for organ transplant surgery.
- Create and maintain a database of all potential referral sources including key contacts, patients, and referrals.
- Develop and deliver educational sessions regarding organ donation, to patients, support groups, hospital staff, and at community health education events.
- Submit all referrals including all needed clinical and financial required information via the EMR system.
- Manage the process of creating and distributing patient education materials.
- Work with Transplant Waitlist Team to update patient information on list.
- Attends informational meetings/seminars for further education on behalf of the unit.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.