Responsible for the provision of direct medical care at assigned health center(s) within the scope of practice, in accordance with established standards of care (60% of time). Works with the Practice Manager and Nurse Manager to achieve clinical and practice goals set by LCHD/CHC. The Regional Medical Director will serve as the supervisor for the providers (Physicians, APNs, and PAs) for a set of clinic sites (40% of time). This position is directly supervised by the LCHD CHC medical director.
Site: Various Locations in Lake County, Illinois
Hours: FULL TIME
Specialties: Pediatrics, Family & Internal Medicine
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- 3 weeks vacation
- Sick Pay
- Provider CME
- IMRF Pension
- And Much MORE!
The Regional Medical Director will Oversee:
- Directly provides medical treatment and diagnosis for patients.
- Participates in collaborative relationships with APNs (Advanced Practice Nurses) and PAs (Physician Assistants).
- Consults with staff regarding patients not necessarily seen directly by the physician. This includes, but is not limited to, cases in which medical supervision is necessary for insurance purposes.
- Participates and presents at clinical conferences and provides medical expertise as appropriate
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
- Regularly attends the Provider Leadership committee meetings.
- Assists the Medical Director on new initiatives and plans that affect providers.
- Works with providers to ensure appropriate education to students.
- Ensure that the on-call is providing appropriate after hours coverage.
- Provides oversight and supervision of primary care providers including:
- Ongoing weekly observations of provider performance.
- Quarterly informal performance appraisals and annual performance appraisals.
- Participation/facilitation in onboarding of new primary care providers.
- Coaching of primary care providers.
- Assist providers with achievement of productivity benchmarks.
- Assist providers with quality improvement activities and achievement of the agency goals
- Provides coverage of clinical management activities in conjunction with the Medical Director, including:
- Participation in provider recruitment, development and retention.
- Patient safety and risk management activities.
The Regional Medical Director Education Requirements:
- Requires completion of a residency program.
- Must be at least Board Eligible in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, or Pediatrics. Board certification is preferred.
- Academic appointment at a Medical School preferred.
- Requires Illinois license to practice as a physician.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays, and overtime if necessary.
- Experience with managing other providers.
- Six years of senior-level/director-level management experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a strategist. Can set priorities, establish clear (and high) expectations and execute identified strategies.