We are proud of Kaiser Permanente’s social mission, research, clinical expertise, and leadership efforts in helping communities thrive. As part of this mission, we recognize the potential of future physicians and their contributions by offering $5,000 scholarships to fourth-year medical students selected for their demonstrated commitment to under-served communities.
- Be a current third-year medical student in good academic standing who expects to graduate in the spring of 2021
- Interested in seeking a residency in Northern California
- Attend an accredited medical, osteopathic or podiatric school
- Scholarship recipients will be encouraged to participate in a one-month clerkship at a Kaiser Permanente facility in Northern California during their fourth year of medical school
How to apply
- Complete and submit the online application
- Open application timeline: September 1 – November 30, 2019
- Curriculum vitae
- Short essay describing your community involvement and your commitment to under-served communities
- Letter from medical, osteopathic or podiatric school confirming good academic standing
- Two letters of recommendation: one letter from a medical, osteopathic or podiatry school professor/clinician and one letter describing/supporting your work in under-served communities.
- All supporting documentation and letters must be submitted through the online application in PDF format.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Applications are accepted September through November annually.
- Candidates selected for final consideration will be invited for a phone interview in December/January.
- Scholarship winners will be announced in March.
- Awards will be presented to winners in person at an event in the late summer, or fall.