Experience Required: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related field required.
The nurse quality coordinator identifies complex work, environmental, and patient factors that influence patient and program outcomes. The nurse quality coordinator, informed by the nursing process, uses a systems approach and evidence based practice, to perform a preliminary investigation of adverse events, monitor, review, and implement process improvement initiatives. This position reports all quality improvement aspects of the Organ Transplant Program within the Medical Center.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform preliminary investigation of adverse events.
- Prepare data/reports and lead adverse review meetings using the Acesis program.
- Perform monthly audits to asses and monitor transplant quality metrics and regulatory standards.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and reporting of operational variances of all phases of transplant.
- Lead quality improvement meetings.
- Identify and manage the implementation of quality improvement projects and initiatives.
- Foster team work and interdisciplinary collaboration among the multidisciplinary transplant team to achieve high reliability in program outcomes.
- Provide formal quality training to staff through in-services and small group discussions.
- Review and update annual culture of safety plan for the transplant program.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.