The Manager, System Community Health Equity and Engagement Manager role has been developed to support the Community Health Equity and Engagement efforts to achieve the overall anchor organization mission. This individual will support the Community Investment Fund Chair, Health Equity Impact Team (HEIT) Director and DE&I Director with system alignment and project management. This individual will directly report to the Community Health Equity and Engagement System Lead for development and oversight of responsibilities. Core skills required included: strategic and transformational thinking, ability to work autonomously and synthesis complex issues into actionable approaches. Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills. Ability to navigate the organization and effectively understand and represent the Community Heath Equity and Engagement office.
• Community Health Equity and Engagement Strategy, Development, and Sustainability: Work to evolve and create a long term strategy to enhance the structure.
o Establish a multi-year roadmap to continue to achieve the mission.
o Establish organizational alignment (NorthShore Legacy, Swedish and Northwest Community).
• Collaboration: Collaborate with supply chain, Blue Cross Blue Shield Quality Incentive program at NorthShore, community relations team, DE&I team and HEIT team.
o Build effective working relationships with external organizations and maintain regular communication with project stakeholders.
• Communication: Partner with communication coordinator to apply for external and internal recognition opportunities and promote the brand internally and externally.
o Ensure consistency of messaging and materials for internal and external communication forums. Support development of materials for key audiences (Board, outside speaking, leadership meetings, and critical internal communication).
• Community Investment Fund Vetting and Administrative Support: Represent NorthShore in facilitating vetting for proposals for the Community Investment Fund Partnership Advisory Council.
o Advance the structure for the Community Partnership Advisory Council.
o Assist the Community Investment Fund Chair in conducting Partnership Advisory Council meetings.
• Portfolio Management: Manage a portfolio of strategic opportunities, projects, grants and content focused on advancing equity in health and investing in communities.
• Outcomes Reporting: Cultivate outcomes reporting methods for projects and/or initiatives that come out of the Community Health Equity and Engagement office.
o Deliver high quality visual presentations, communicating both data driven and conceptual information as well as communicating key concepts orally.
• Project Management
o Inform the design of projects to ensure access, quality, sustainability and alignment with the DE&I and/or HEIT and/or Community Health Equity and Engagement AIM statements.
o Ensure the proper defined goals, key performance indicators and tracking /reporting processes are in place for all community health and/or DE&I projects.
– Critical thinking
– Design thinking
– Strategic and transformational thinking
– Change management
– Project management
– Planning and organization
– Work independently and as a member of a team
– Presentation and facilitation skills
– Strong written and verbal communication
– Manage multiple priorities
– Coaching skills
– Organization savvy
– Passion for health equity, community investment, diversity, equity and inclusion
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
– Excellent Verbal and communication skills
– Strong Leadership Skills
– Ability to build relationships and work across teams
– Ability to manage in a matrixed organization
– Project management techniques including experience with planning and tracking scope, time and budget associated with a project
– Strong Computer Skills – Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
– Ability to calculate budget estimates necessary to evaluate costs
– Process improvement (Lean certification and experience a plus)
– Financial Analysis, reporting and management Data analysis
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
– Bachelor’s degree required
– Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of two-year operational experience and project management experience in a healthcare setting
• Exposure to financial management and business strategies
• Experience in a matrix environment with a proven track record in driving improved performance
• Demonstrated experience of innovative thinking and creativity
• Demonstrated analytical and data driven approach to issues
• Understanding of racial equity, diversity, and inclusion principles, strategies, and models
• Understanding of social determinants of health in the healthcare field
• Some public health and business development background preferred