Saludos from MOLA!
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our 2024 MOLA-MRF Scholarship Program, designed to support and empower the next generation of Latino/a/e/x healthcare professionals like you.
About the program
MOLA, in partnership with the Michael Reese Research and Education Foundation (MRF), aims to offer an important and meaningful source of support for our talented youth in order to reduce the overwhelming cost that many students face in the process of seeking a degree in healthcare.
The MOLA-MRF Scholars Program is a meaningful investment in the talent needed to address health inequities.
- Hispanic/Latino/a/e/x heritage
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a health career
- Demonstrated interest in service to the Hispanic/Latino/a/e/x community
- Students must be currently pursuing higher education in a healthcare field and in good academic standing. (Technical, Undergraduate, Graduate programs, including medical school, will be considered)
Application Deadline: Tuesday, December 19th, 2023.
Why Should You Apply?
“Our scholarships are much more than financial support,” states Dr. Pilar Ortega one of our founders. Selected scholarship recipients are guided and supported in designing and conducting a research project with an impact on Latino/a/e/x health.
We want to prepare our Scholars to become leaders at the forefront of health education, research, and clinical care by and for Latino/a/e/x groups.
Our scholarship program provides financial assistance to help ease the burden of tuition and educational expenses.
Recognition: As a scholarship recipient, you will receive recognition for your accomplishments and dedication.
Networking: Connect with like-minded scholars and professionals to expand your horizons.
Opportunity: Open doors to new opportunities and career prospects in your field.
How to Apply:
Visit our webpage: Scholarship – MOLA (chicagomola.com)
Carefully review the eligibility criteria and application requirements.
Complete the online application form.
Provide all requested documentation, including:
- 2 letters of recommendation (Note: must be on institutional letterhead and signed by the letter writer).
- Letter of good standing from your current educational institution or other documented proof of good standing.
- Most recent academic transcript.
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- [Optional] Documentation that demonstrates financial need, if applicable. Acceptable documentation includes FAFSA form, and/or may also include income tax statements or other documentation demonstrating financial need. Applicants are invited to include a written statement explaining financial need. However, official documentation such as a FAFSA form or income tax statements must supplement the statement.
Submit your application by the deadline Tuesday, December 19th, 2023.
Don’t miss this chance to invest in your future and take your academic journey to the next level. If you have any questions or need further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application and wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of educational and career excellence.
Marco Bonilla, MD
MOLA-MRF Faculty Scholar
Mónica Bianco, MD
Program Director – MOLA Scholar Program
Pilar Ortega, MD, MGM
ExOfficio Executive Board Member, MOLA
Arielle Guzmán, MPH
Chair, Education and Research Committee, MOLA
Chair, Scholarship Subcommittee, MOLA
Óscar Iván Zambrano, MPH, MBA