The Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology is seeking a Visiting Research Scientist. This position serves as a research scientist by focusing on research and scientific techniques within the field of neurodegenerative disease. The research scientist will conduct research, develop experimental protocols and devise methods to apply scientific principles and theories in research projects.
• Design experiments related to identification of therapeutic targets and mechanistic biomarkers for Alzheimer’s Disease.
• Perform molecular and cellular experiments for biochemical and pathological characterization using in vitro cell culture, mouse models and human tissue samples.
• Engage in laboratory research, analyze data and information, evaluate and report findings to senior research faculty and research staff.
• Oversee and mentor postdoctoral fellows and doctoral and medical student trainees; participate in the oversight of laboratory activities.
• Write grant applications for extramural funding; prepare and submit research reports describing findings.
• Author publications in peer-reviewed journals, make presentations of papers to professional societies and develop new designs or techniques that are of material significance in the solution of important applied programs.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: PhD or MD in Biomedical Science, Anatomy, Cell Biology, or related degree/field required. A minimum of three years’ related research experience required.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.uic.edu/
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Company University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology
- City / Location Chicago
- Position Visiting Research Scientist
- Related Professions
- Experience required PhD or MD in Biomedical Science, Anatomy, Cell Biology, or related degree/field required. A minimum of three years’ related research experience required.
- Email [email protected]