The Institute for Health Research & Policy (IHRP) at the University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking a full-time Visiting Research Specialist to coordinate and perform the day-to-day research activities of a NIH-funded research program to promote the health and well-being of older adults and their caregivers.
- Assist the investigator team with research activities in English and Spanish:
- The recruitment and retention of study participants
- Intervention program materials and training sessions
- Focus groups
- Data collection, checking, and management, using REDCap
- Literature review
- Documentation and report preparation
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or related discipline (e.g. kinesiology, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, sociology, psychology, social work). Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years related research experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in the research team.
- Demonstrated organizational, presentation and writing skills.
- Experience working on community-based research programs, ideally with vulnerable populations or people who are aging with disabilities, and/or in a clinical setting.
- Prior experience with project and grant management, and working knowledge of REDCap preferred.
- Bilingual skills (written and oral in English/Spanish) required.
- Some evening and weekend availability may be necessary.
- Some travel in the city of Chicago and nearby neighborhood may be necessary.
For fullest consideration, please submit an application and attach a resume and cover letter January 27, 2020 to:
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
UIC are an EOE/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
- Posted On January 22 – 2020
- Deadline March 22 – 2020
- Company University of Illinois at Chicago
- City Chicago
- Experience Required