Hiring a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) – ENT
We are a fast-paced and friendly Otolaryngology (ENT) Practice, with three locations in the Southwest Suburbs and Chicago. We are looking for an enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual to join our team as a part-time Certified Medical Assistant in all locations. A high level of personal accountability, responsibility, and positivity are a must in our team driven practice. This position will aid physicians, and other staff members, by performing various clinical and administrative duties within a dynamic work environment.
We ask that applicants are flexible, experienced, and available to some evenings and Saturdays, on rotating basis.
- Prepare patients for exams. Room patients, record vitals, collect patient histories and screenings, in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Accurately update and maintain patient information within EMR system • Maintains exam rooms, ensuring supplies are stocked daily.
- Communicates effectively with physicians and other staff members in order to ensure an excellent level of patient care.
- Support current organizational initiatives and exhibit creative and flexibility in times of change.
- Assisting with computer tomography scans when needed.
- Observe and maintain clinical policies and procedures.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Front Desk Duties
- Warmly greets patients.
- Performs all duties/functions of the Front Desk including, but not limited to, checking patients in/out, scheduling appointments, registering new patients, processing paperwork and co-payments/ co-insurance, assisting patients with billing questions, and maintaining patient flow.
- Answers phones consistently and politely, assisting with patients’ questions and concerns, directing calls to appropriate staff when necessary. (i.e. referrals, billing, etc.) • Complete patient forms and requests in a timely and accurate manner. • Scans documents in EMR system.
- Maintaining Medical Records in EMR system.
- Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant program. Certificate required. • High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- EMR experience required. eClinicalWorks experience preferred. • Schedule Flexibility – Ability to work evenings and weekends as scheduled. • Commitment to high levels of customer service and patient care are REQUIRED. • Strong communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish.
Job Type: Part-time – 20-30 hours a week
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Medical Assistant: 2 year (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)
- Multiple locations- Downers Grove, Tinley Park, Chicago
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Travel Reimbursement
- Mon-Thurs 8:00-5:30pm, Fri 7:30- 12:00 (hours fluctuate)
- 1 – 2 Saturdays a month required