“Access Community Health Network is currently looking to hire a clinical research nurse to help them with the QUARTET USA clinical trial
Highly preferred that the candidate is fluent in Spanish/English.
The candidate should have a valid RN license in the State of IL and some prior experience with research.”
Clinical Nurse Researcher -Bilingual Spanish
600 W Fulton
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
This is a grant funded position. The Clinical Research Nurse – QUARTET collaborates with the providers and study team associated with Clinical Trial studies, specifically QUARTET USA, to ensure protocol compliance, patient safety, and data quality. The Research Nurse will participate in protocol development and will be responsible for the recruitment, screening, and accrual of patients onto clinical trials. The Research Nurse will also administer treatments as appropriate, managing toxicities, and collecting and documenting patient information pertinent to the trial in the patient record as well as the clinical research files. The nurse will also coordinate the follow-up care of the patient on study to ensure protocol compliance. This position reports to the Director of Research for direct supervision and to the Chief Medical Officer for clinical supervision.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Screen patients for eligibility for inclusion into QUARTET; Provide direct care to research patients, including drug administration, lab draws, coordination of appointments, follow-up and management of side effects, identification of home care needs.
- Oversee care to assure protocol adherence is maintained by staff. Responsible for collection and documentation of research data for designated patients; may be involved in review or documentation of data on patients outside of program area to meet external audit deadlines.
- Facilitate transfer of nursing responsibilities for patient back to primary care when patient is no longer actively being followed on a clinical trial.
- Provide input into implementation of protocols including setting, systems issues changes to assure that process will work in other areas if needed; Present information at weekly meetings in organized fashion; monitor budget for selected aspects of research studies.
- Participate in QUARTET meetings; attends protocol start-up meetings; identifies problem areas in QUARTET and seek solutions to optimize quality patient care and assure completion of the trial.
- Collaborate with the principal investigator in all aspects of research study; Monitor care of patients in accordance with research protocols and Good Clinical Practices and take action to assure that patient care is delivered in
- accordance with policies of ACCESS. Ensure that informed consent has been properly obtained; Prepare reports of Serious Adverse events; Communicate with local federal or commercial sponsors as appropriate; Assist QUARTET team and ACCESS with preparation for audits and answers queries promptly
- Provide staff education as needed for participation in particular research activities; Provide staff education on general clinical trial information; Assist in orientation of new staff members to ACCESS Research Department as requested; Provide patient education in daily practice; In collaboration with the study team, develop patient education materials or protocol tools specific to research study to facilitate trial compliance (i.e. standardized orders, patient management guidelines, patient documentation tolls).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
- Minimum 3 years clinical practice.
- Current license as Registered Professional Nurse in State of Illinois.
- Clinical research experience preferred including administration of investigational agents, coordination of clinical
research and data collection/management.
- Clinical Research Coordinator certification (within 6 months of eligibility)
- Current CITI human subjects research completion certificate (required renewal every three years); demonstrated
knowledge of federal and state regulations governing the participation of human research subjects.
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Intermediate proficiency in electronic health records (EHR); Epic preferred
- Posted On March 07, 2020
- Deadline May 07, 2020
- Company Access Community Health Network
- City / Location Chicago, IL
- Position Clinical research nurse
- Related Professions
- Email [email protected]
- Phone (312) 503-3338