Vice President of Surgical Services
Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI
Advocate Aurora Health
Job ID #175344
AURORA ST. LUKE’S MEDICAL CENTER HIGHLIGHTS:
• Our largest Magnet, teaching hospital with 600+-beds is ranked #1 in Milwaukee & #2 in the state of Wisconsin.
• Named to both Best Regional Hospital and Top 10 Best Hospital list by US News & World Report.
• Nationally ranked in Cardiac & Heart Surgery, Gastro/GI Surgery, Pulmonary & Lung Surgery.
• Only hospital in WI with a 24/7 on-site heart care team.
ABOUT THE 10TH LARGEST, NONPROFIT HEALTH SYSTEM IN THE NATION:
Aurora hospitals & outpatient centers are unified entities of the 10th largest, nonprofit health care systems in the nation – Advocate Aurora Health.
In 2018 Advocate Health Care and Aurora Health, with commonality in their core values, merged with the purpose To Help People Live Well. Together we provide access to 27 hospitals, 500+ ambulatory care sites, 70k team members and 8,100 affiliated providers.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
Provide the overall strategic direction of both surgical services, anesthesia programs and practices for the main hospital and matrix accountability over 2 smaller community surgical services units in the Milwaukee market. Participates in the development, implementation and coordination of quality, cost effective patient care.
1. Oversee the development and implementation of quality and care management programs to monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and appropriateness of care.
2. Develop short- and long-term growth and innovation strategic plans.
3. Direct leaders in fiscal responsibilities and meet productivity standards in resource utilization, staffing patterns and the operational efficiency.
4. Ensure adherence to and assists in achieving clinical performance outcomes and measurements. Focus on commitment, performance improvement, and the use of best practices.
5. Review, evaluate and enforce policies and procedures. Formulate, establish and enforce additional procedures and guidelines to provide exceptional, efficient and effective patient care.
6. Performs human resources responsibilities for staff: interviewing, selection of new employees, promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations, and overall employee morale.
7. Develop and recommend operating, capital budgets and controls expenditures.
QUALIFIED VP CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
1. Registered Nurse – licensed in the state where practicing
2. Master’s Degree in Nursing, or Master’s degree in Business Management, or Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration or related field.
3. 15 years of nursing experience and health care administration including experiences in:
a. Overseeing nursing practices and operations for a medical center within a large complex healthcare organization.
b. Developing and maintaining quality nursing programs
c. Must include 10 years of management experience of staff, budgets and multiple functions.
4. Skills and demonstrated experience in developing, facilitating and leading nursing programs and initiatives which align with organizational goals and objectives.
5. Comprehensive knowledge of effective best practice in nursing operations, regulations, and guidelines.
6. Skills and demonstrated experience in establishing excellent working relationships and strategic partnering with various teams and executives across a large organization to achieve a shared vision, values and objectives.
We pride ourselves on taking care of our people:
And not just our patients—we mean you, too. We help each other live well. Diversity and inclusion matters at Aurora. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone.
Compensation is competitive, based on applicable candidate experience. Our comprehensive package includes a performance-based incentive plan, full benefits and relocation assistance.
- Company Advocate Aurora Health
- City / Location Milwaukee, WI
- Position Vice President of Surgical Services
- Related Professions
- Experience required 15 yrs Registered Nurse with 10 yrs progressive RN leadership experience. Must have expertice in surgical services, budget and nurse management
- Email [email protected]