The mission of the MOLA Mentorship Program is to provide sustained, professionally-supported relationships to underrepresented Latino/a students pursuing careers in health care.
The MOLA Mentorship Program aims to build a pipeline to health care careers for motivated high school and undergraduate students. Mentorship is provided in a team-based structure across all levels: Health Care Leaders, Physicians, Resident Physicians, Medical Students, Undergraduates, and High School Students.
Being a mentor is an amazing and rewarding way to give back to the community and make a difference in the life of a young aspiring physician.
MENTORSHIP PROGRAM ACTIVITIES
- Medical Simulation Program
- Leadership Development
- Monthly events with Latino-focused health care leaders and doctors
- Opportunity to have a one-on-one or team mentorship with successful doctors and health leaders
- Public Health Experiential Learning
- Annual Latino Health Symposium
- Salud Pathways (community health interventions with MOLA’s Public Health Program)
MENTORSHIP PROGRAM LEVELS
- High School
- Team-based mentorship provided by health care leaders, physicians, residents, medical students, and International Medical Graduates (IMGs).
If you are interested in becoming a MOLA MENTOR, please send a statement of interest and your CV via email to Education@chicagomola.com
If you are interested in becoming a MOLA MENTEE (all levels welcomed including: high school, undergraduate, medical school, resident), please click here for instructions and click the button below to complete your mentee application for the 2018-19 school year (accepted on a rolling basis until filled to capacity).
MENTORSHIP PROGRAM CALENDAR
|November 17, 2018, 9 AM-1 PM||Mentorship Event|
|December 15, 2018, 9 AM -1 PM||Mentorship Event|
|January 21, 2019, 8 AM – 4 PM||Mentorship Simulation Event|
|February 16, 2019, 9 AM – 1 PM||Mentorship Event|
|March 16, 2019, 9 AM – 1 PM||Mentorship Event|
|April 5, 2019, 9 AM – 5 PM||Mentorship Simulation Event|
|May 18, 2019, 9 AM -1 PM||Mentorship Event|
|June 19, 2019, 8 AM -4 PM||Mentorship Simulation Event|
MENTORSHIP PROGRAM IN THE NEWS
- February 3, Univision Chicago coverage: Organizaciones buscan motivar a los jóvenes de Chicago para que estudien medicina. Con un evento en el sureste de Chicago la organización MOLA enseñó a los jóvenes de la ciudad cómo tener una buena salud cardiovascular. Así mismo, los asistentes aseguraron sentirse incentivados para en un futuro estudiar alguna carrera relacionada con el campo de la salud.
- February 2, Telemundo Chicago coverage: Programa busca interesar a jóvenes en la medicina Profesionales motivan a jóvenes latinos a ingresar en el sector de la salud.
- March 4 , Noticias Telemundo coverage: Faltan médicos hispanos en EEUU. Solo el 5,1% de los estudiantes graduados de medicina en el periodo 2016-2017 en EEUU eran latinos, al tiempo que crece la demanda por profesionales bilingües en el país